Saucy Halal Beef on Bread
One of our favourite halal chefs, @foodwithfatty, is back with a concoction of vegetables and beef cooked in a delicious tomato, garlic and lemon sauce.
- Haloodies Diced Beef
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Onion sliced
- ½ tsp of celery salt
- 4 Thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp of Tomato paste
- 3 tsp of Paprika
- 2 cups of stock
- 4 small potatoes quartered
- 2 cups of Passata
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 4 grated Garlic cloves
- ½ juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1 Pepper sliced
- 2 Kebab bread
- Mix yoghurt, garlic gloves, lemon juice and honey in a bowl. Leave to chill.
- In a deep pot, heat up some oil. Add garlic, onions, carrots, thyme, celery salt and some salt in pot. Stir and cook for a few minutes
- Stir in the tomato paste and Haloodies Diced Beef. Cover and cook on medium to low heat. The beef will release moisture which is what we want. Let the beef cook slowly in its own juices
- Once most of the moisture has evaporated, add in the stock. Mix and leave to cook for 2-3 hours on low heat. If stock reduces too much, add a little water to help
- About 2 hours in, add in the potatoes, cover, and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Take the potatoes out. The sauce should be thick and minimal
- Take the beef out and set aside.
- Pour the passata and paprika into the pot with sauce and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, sauté the peppers and onions in a separate pan. Set aside once cooked.
- Cut the kebab bread into small squares, layer your serving dish with the kebab bread, then peppers and onions. Then the beef and potatoes, sauce and finally the yoghurt.