Lemon & Garlic Roast Halal Chicken
Our Haloodies Lemon & Garlic Roast Chicken is simple but forever a classic, and we love ours with all the trimmings.
Equally this recipe is perfect to cook as a lighter dish, you could try our halal whole chicken with sweet potato wedges and a salad!
Nothing will go to waste with this dish, use any leftover chicken for your sandwiches the next day and the carcass will make delicious stock for gravy, soup, and risotto.
Ingredients (serve 4-5)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the onions and use them to cover the base of a large roasting tin.
- Scatter the unpeeled garlic cloves amongst the onion.
- Place the chicken on top and squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken, then put them inside the cavity with the rosemary.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season well.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 1hour 45 minutes – 2 hours, or until the juices run clear.
- Once cooked, take the chicken out of the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes before serving.