Halal Beef Rump Roasting Joint 1.5kg
Our 1.5kg Haloodies Halal 14-day aged beef rump roasting joint is the perfect roast lunch centrepiece. Sourced exclusively from grass-fed Irish herds and cut by our Master Butcher promising succulence and deep flavour. Roast slowly on a bed of onion, carrot and celeriac to infuse the meat with aroma and serve with your favourite trimmings or carve into impressive Picanha Steaks at the table.
- Remove your Haloodies halal beef rump roasting joint from the packaging, pat dry & bring to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C for fan assisted or 230°C for ovens without a fan (gas 8).
- Choose a large, heavy-based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement. Season the meat with good quality sea salt just prior to cooking.
- Make a bed by roughly chopping equal amounts of onion, carrot and celery (or our preferred choice of celeriac, the root of the celery) plus a bay leaf, sprig of thyme and a few black peppercorns.
- Place the halal beef fat side up onto the bed which should line the base of the tray.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160°C or 180°C without a fan(gas 4). Continue roasting for 12-15 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of 52°C before resting for a medium rare joint.
- Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.