Halal Beef Rump Roasting Joint 1.5kg
Our 1.5kg Haloodies Halal 14-day aged beef rump roasting joint is the perfect roast lunch centrepiece. Sourced exclusively from grass fed Irish herds and cut by our Master Butcher promising succulence and deep flavour. Roast slowly on a bed of onion, carrot and celeriac to infuse the meat with aroma and serve with your favourite trimmings or carve into impressive Picanha Steaks at the table.
- Remove your Haloodies halal beef rump roasting joint from the packaging, pat dry & bring to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C for fan assisted or 230°C for ovens without a fan (gas 8).
- Choose a large, heavy-based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement. Season the meat with good quality sea salt just prior to cooking.
- Make a bed by roughly chopping equal amounts of onion, carrot and celery (or our preferred choice of celeriac, the root of the celery) plus a bay leaf, sprig of thyme and a few black peppercorns.
- Place the halal beef fat side up onto the bed which should line the base of the tray.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160°C or 180°C without a fan(gas 4). Continue roasting for 12-15 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of 52°C before resting for a medium rare joint.
- Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.